News From Around the Farm
April is here! We are starting to see less rain and are able to start feeding our berries. Our Duke blueberries are starting to bloom, and so are the raspberries and black raspberries, but not as consistently as the blueberries. We think in a week or so, if the weather stays nice, we will have bees brought in. This is one of my favorite times of year, seeing everything waking up and blooming. Before we know it, it'll be summer and harvest will be here.
This last month we pruned our black raspberries, we posting pictures on our Facebook. We did a short video showing how the machine works, if your interested please click here
to see our video. (+ Check out our YouTube Channel
! We will be added new videos through out the spring and summer.)
We are also very excited with a delivery or Aronia Berry plants for our newest planting have arrived and once things dry out a bit we will set to work planting them. Bringing our current total of 16 up to 26 acres total.
Our final piece of news is that we are now selling our products at Natural Groshers in Corvallis, and Eugene, OR. You can find our dried blueberries and spreads, and hopefully we will have our frozen in there as well. We would like to thank everyone for their continued support as we are slowing growing our products and where they are available for purchase.
New Products In Our Shop
We have a few of new products up in our store, be sure to check them out!
Our New Products:
Dried Aronia Berry + Blueberry mix
Food For Thought
These are the articles we found over the last month and just had to share with you all.
We will have Black Raspberries (and products) and aronia berries (and more products) available to purchase after the Harvest of 2016.
Cold Weather Shipping is Back!
It's spring time again and that means the weather is starting to warm up. If you've been putting off taking advantage of our cold weather shipping please place your order soon with us. Once temperatures are hot again we will not be able to offer the ground shipping option.
For those of you who are new to our site, every winter we are able to offer better shipping prices on our frozen berries. We are able to do this by shipping by ground rather than by 2-day air, which is standard in our store online. To take advantage of our ground shipping this winter, give us a call at 541-752-0460 (10 am to 4 pm, PDT).
Winter + Holiday Office Hours
Our Winter hours are Monday to Friday 10 am to 4 pm PDT.
Aronia Berry Granola Bars
Great snacks for on the go! A nutrient dense + delicious choice!
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 Cup Dried Aronia berries
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2/3 cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- 1 cup dried, pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together the honey, cinnamon, & vanilla in a larger bowl. Stir in the oats and mix until evenly coated.
- Toast sunflower seeds in a dry pan on medium heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, pulse the almonds and dates in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Add the toasted sunflower seeds and chopped almonds and dates to the oat mixture; mix well. The color of the mixture should be more of a purple hue.
- Press the mixture into an 8X8 inch baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool, then place in the freezer until firm. After about an hour, cut into bars and enjoy!
- Note: Store in airtight container up to 1 week.
Labels: 2016, april, aronia berries, Dried Blueberries, freeze dried powder, frozen aronia berries, news, news from around the farm, newsletter